Monday, May 23, 2011
So, I have told you about why I started this blog up in the first place I should tell you about the name and a little more I guess. 'Journeys With The King' odd I know but it will make sense. Let's start with a little about the one behind the keyboard or should I say wheel.

I'm 25, married to my best mate ( I could go on and on about her, but all said and done she really is my best mate a true friend). I have a cheeky but cute soon to be one year old daughter and another one on the way. I'm into a lot of different things such as music, computers and tech, creative arts, trucks, machinery, mechanics, workplace safety (a weird mix). Most days I'm either driving / fixing a truck or typing work / safety documents up for the boss who happens to be my mum and dad ( yep I work for the family trucking company). This is where the 'Journey' part comes into the name.

'With The King' comes from (if you haven't guessed it by now) my belief in the Christian faith. "Hang on, didn't he just say he was a truck driver?" Yeah who would have thought it a Christian truck driver, my work mates are still trying to get their head around it. It is a hard industry to be in when one isn't into having more than one or two stubbies in the afternoon, sharing about the young lass who just got out of the car at the servo and the things (which are unmentionable on the blog) they would like to do to her, and the list goes on. Yeah it's hard. I better not unravel to many stories about it all this early on but I'm sure there will be some in the near future on life as a Christian trucker.

Back to the name. So, with all the driving I do around the place I get time, time to think. I think about all sorts of things about life; about the love I have for my wife and my passion to be a good father for my kids, the problems we all face in life, the problems others face in life, how we are all different but yet all the same. I also think a lot about my faith in God, in Jesus and how all that plays out down here in the real world. So I find these little conversations that I have in my truck with God and most of the times myself (it's scary when you talk back to yourself) interesting and maybe you will too.

I want this blog to honestly reflect my feelings as a young, male, christian, married, truck driver and hopefully it will help others look at their lives honestly without all the rubbish that goes on around them. I want to show people that not all Christians are like Ned Flanders of the Simpsons, we are real people and yes we have real problems like everyone else in this messed up world. But, the difference is, through faith in Christ we have hope (trying not to sound too preachy here) and when everything else in our world crumbles (and I believe that it does eventually in everyone's life) there is always that hope.

There you have it folks a run down on what I sort of plan on doing (when time permits) with this blog. I hope 'Journeys With The King' will help others understand who God is, and help them through there own journey in life.

Till next time,
Keep on truckin' (I promise this is the first and last time I use this, but I just had to!)

0 comments:

About Me

Followers

Powered by Blogger.